Are you looking to improve your sewing skills and reduce the time it takes you to complete sewing projects? Then, consider switching to a computerized sewing machine. Computerized sewing machines have powerful features that aren’t found in conventional machines. They come at various price points so you don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune to get them.
Professional seamstresses find computerized sewing machines easier to use than mechanical and electrical machines. These machines can give you more advanced stitching patterns and usually have an LCD display to adjust stitch width, length, and make other adjustments. A computerized machine can store hundreds of embroidery and stitching patterns. Not only that, but many of them have the ability to download more patterns directly from the internet.
Intrigued by all the amazing features of computerized sewing machines? These sewing machines are indeed a cut above the rest. When you search the market for computerized sewing machines, you will come across several different models. It may be hard for you to determine which model is right for you. So, for your convenience, we have done the hard work of finding the best computerized sewing machine. We will discuss the features and capabilities of these machines to help you select the one that best fits your needs. But, before that, we will talk about different types of computerized sewing machines available in the market.
Types of Computerized Sewing Machines
The most common areas where you will see computerization in these types of machines include speed control, thread tension, and automatic threading. These are the areas where people usually struggle, especially those who are new to sewing. These automatic features can help make sewing easier and less troublesome.
Some upgraded computerized sewing machines offer more advanced automatic features like programmable embroidery patterns, stitch patterns, and monogramming. You can set up some computerized sewing machine to create automatic seams, rolled hems, and other common chores.
If you purchase a top-of-the-line computerized sewing machine, you will get tons of automatic features. You would only have to install a spool or bobbin, select the stitch, and make changes to the pattern to get started. Then, you can control the machine’s speed to create something unique and amazing.
Should a Beginner Use a Computerized Sewing Machine?
Computerized sewing machines are admired for their ease of use and advanced functionality. Most have functions and features that will make sewing a breeze for you. It has auto-reverse, powerful feed dogs, speed controls, auto-stitch tension, auto-needle threading, and so many more features to help you out.
One important thing you should keep in mind is that some of the computerized sewing machines aren’t a good fit for beginners. These include the machine with many advanced features. Beginners may feel overwhelmed from the wide range of features which is why we recommend them to use less advanced computerized sewing machines.
The 7 Best Computerized Sewing Machines
1. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is one of the best-computerized sewing machines currently available in the market. It comes with 600 built-in stitches and five stunning fonts, providing you the opportunity to give every design a personal touch. If you want to create unique projects, mix the letting and stitches to create customized stitch sequences. You can even elongate and mirror image many of the stitches for more creativity.
The needle up/down feature of the machine allows for easy pivoting. The maximum sewing speed of the Singer 9960 is 850 stitches per minute that you can control with the speed control feature. Use a fast speed for long seams and set the machine to a slower speed for more intricate projects. This computerized sewing machine also has a thread trimmer button and top drop-in bobbin system. These make sewing easier for you and save your time. If you are looking for a computerized sewing machine with plenty of features, then Singer Quantum Stylist is worth considering.
2. Singer Stylist 7258
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width. Volts : 120V. Amps : 0.62. Watts-74
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty , 60 Hertz
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
It’s not one of the most advanced models available on the market but Singer 7258 has received positive feedback from buyers. This computerized sewing machine comes with 100 stitches including 76 decorative stitches to make fashion sewing, decorative sewing, home sewing, heirloom sewing, quilting, and crafting easier for you.
The Singer 7258 features a heavy-duty metal frame which makes it more durable. Stitches can be viewed easily on the LCD screen while stitch width and length can be adjusted easily with a button underneath the display screen. Other features available in this sewing machine include built-in reverse, 6-segment feeding system, programmable needle up/down, horizontal threading, electronic start/stop, extra-high presser foot, automatic bobbin winding clutch, automatic presser foot pressure control, and speed control.
The Singer 7258 computerized sewing machine has two LED lights which keep the sewing surface illuminated for optimal viewing. Since there aren’t many complicated features in this machine, inexperienced crafters can also quickly learn to operate it. Moreover, it is an inexpensive machine so if you are looking for an economical computerized sewing machine, then the Singer 7258 could be the right option.
3. Brother XR9550PRW Project Runaway
- 165 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway machine includes 110 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: The Brother F.A.S.T. needle threading system takes care of threading the needle for you and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the XR9550PRW quilting and sewing machine is a protective hard cover, wide table, 8 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The intuitive LCD display allows you to easily choose your stitches and settings with the push of a button
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The XR9550PRW quilting and sewing machine comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
The Brother XR9500PRW Project Runaway comes with 100 built-in utility, heirloom, and decorative stitches. Each of them has multiple stitch functions. However, its second version Brother XR9550PRW features 110 built-in utility, heirloom, and decorative. This makes it an ideal computerized sewing machine for embellishing anything from home décor items to clothing and for creating amazing quilt designs.
The large LCD screen display allows for easy stitch selection. Moreover, there are eight styles of 1-step auto-size buttonholes and a wide table is also there to accommodate large quilt projects. Other convenient features of the Brother XR9500PRW include automatic bobbin winding, automatic needle threader, one-step bobbin replacement, built-in thread cutter, and one-touch reverse/stop/start.
4. Janome DC2014
- Bright LED screen with easy navigation keys
- Memorized needle up/down
- Locking stitch button
- Superior Feed System (SFS)
- Extra high presser foot lift
The Janome DC2014 is a powerful computerized sewing machine that can sew through heavy-duty fabrics. It has the features you would need for completing home décor, scrapbooking, quilting or garment sewing projects. Included in the Janome DC2014 are 50 built-in stitches that you can select through the LED screen and easy navigation keys.
A number of convenience features are available in the machine including easy reverse, speed control slider, and auto-lack button. The Janome DC2014 features the dependability and stability buyers expect from a high-end sewing machine. Some impressive features of this computerized sewing machine include extra high presser foot lift, memorized needle up/down, 7-piece feed dog, and free arm.
Janome sewing machines are mostly more expensive than Singer and Brother Machines. The Janome DC2014 is no exception as it comes with a hefty price tag. Therefore, we only recommend this machine to those who want to sew heavy-duty fabrics. Otherwise, there are several machines available from Brother and Juki that are more economical and have the same features.
5. Brother Designer Series DZ2400
If you are looking for a machine to elevate your quilting and sewing talents to a whole new level, then Brother DZ2400 is a good choice. This computerized sewing machine gives you access to 185 built-in stitches including 55 alphanumeric stitches that would expand your quilting and sewing horizons.
The eight styles of 1-step button holes make it easier to create professional and elegant buttonholes that are sized automatically to fit specific buttons. We love the easy needle threading system of the Brother DZ2400. All you have to do is press the lever located on the side and the machine will push the needle automatically through the needle’s eye. The Brother DZ2400 also features a wide table and a large workspace that is ideal for quilting and for sewing costumes and formal wear.
The built-in LED keeps the work area well lit to make it easier for you to sew on dark fabrics. The tool for selecting and adjusting the stitch is displayed on the bright LCD screen while the start/stop button and variable speed control option can be found on the side.
Inside the Brother DZ2400’s accessory box, you will find a foot controller, accessory bag, power cord, operating manual in English and Spanish, zigzag foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, overcasting foot, monogramming foot, blind stitch foot, quilting foot, ¼ piecing foot, walking foot and stitch guide.
6. Brother CS6000i
- 60 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Brother CS6000i includes 60 built-in sewing stitches, including decorative stitches and 7 styles of auto-size buttonholes
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The CS6000i includes a hard protective case, wide table, 10 sewing feet, needle set including twin needle, 3 bobbins and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The CS6000i quilting and sewing machine comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
This portable, user-friendly computerized machine is popular among crafters. The Brother CS6000i features 60 built-in stitches including decorative stitches. Moreover, seven styles of 1-step buttonholes also come with the machine. Included in the package are nine presser feet including buttonhole, monogramming, zigzag, zipper, blind stitch, overcasting, spring action quilting, button fitting, and walking foot. A wide table (detachable) also comes with the machine which makes quilting projects easier.
We admire the Brother CS6000i for its ease of use. A simple backlit LCD display can be used for stitch selection and adjustment. An automatic needle threader and adjustable sewing speed controller are also there to make things more convenient for you. A brightly-lit sewing area is helpful for working on dark fabrics. The free arm helps with sewing sleeves, pant legs, and other complicated cylindrical items. A hard machine case is also included in the machine which would protect it from dust when not in use.
A quick start guide and instruction manuals come with the Brother CS6000i to ensure that you understand its operations.
7. Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q
- Automatic needle threader and Drop & Sew bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up. Helpful Hint: To secure thread, pull both threads to the backside of the fabric and tie together.
- 98 built-in stitches with seven fully automatic one-step buttonholes provide endless project possibilities
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed make quilting fun and easy
- Four bonus quilting feet and an extension table create the winning quilting combination
- Electronic twin needle control and adjustable stitch length and width allow you to customize your projects. 110 volt sewing machine designed for United States and Canadian use only. . Amps: 0. 62
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only.
The Singer 7469 is one of the best-computerized quilting machines currently available in the market. When you have this powerful machine in your hands, you won’t be creating mediocre designs anymore.
This computerized quilting machine comes with a programmable needle up/down option which is an important feature for quilters. You can have the needle stop in the down position when quilting, pivoting or appliquéing fabric. The Singer 7469 also has 98 built-in stitches that you can select with the buttons located on the front. The stitch length and width can be adjusted easily. This computerized quilting sewing machine also features a drop and sew bobbin system, making set-up easy and quick.
Four additional quilting feet are included in the machine to expand your sewing and quilting possibilities. Use the darning and embroidery attachment for stippling, open toe presser foot for better visibility and the even feed foot for even flow of fabric. Rely on the ¼ inch foot when piercing together quilt blocks. Thanks to the large sewing surface of the Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q, you can manage large quilts more easily. With many impressive features, the Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q will make your quilting creative and relaxing.
One of the things we don’t like about this computerized quilting machine is that the LED lighting doesn’t illuminate the surface sufficiently. This could make it hard for you to sew dark fabrics in inadequate lighting. Other than that it’s a powerful machine and we would definitely recommend it for quilting work.
Our Final Thoughts
We have listed several computerized sewing machines and discussed their features and capabilities. As you can see, each machine varies in features and functionality. So read the details about each machine carefully to decide which one meets your needs.
If you are looking for a high-end sewing machine with advanced features and want to sew on heavy fabrics, then the Janome DC2014 would be a good option. If you want a machine with several built-in stitches, then consider buying the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. Take your time to decide the computerized sewing machine you want to buy because these machines aren’t cheap and you don’t want to regret making the wrong decision.
|TopTop Top||SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top||Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized 76 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Bonus Accessories, Packed with Features and Easy Sewing Machine||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top||Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway, 165 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 8 Included Sewing Feet||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top||Janome DC2014 Computerized Sewing Machine with Accessories||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top||Brother Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-in Stitches 2.0" LCD Display, Wide Table, 9 Included Sewing Feet, Beige/Blue||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top||SINGER | Confidence 7469Q Computerized & Quilting Sewing Machine with Built-In Needle Threader, 98 Built-In Stitches - Sewing Made Easy||Check Today's Price|