Gone are the days when fabric embroidery was the niche of handicraft artisans. Now, there is a range of automatic, semi-automatic, and computerized machines that produce spotless embroidery results. An artist can channel their creativity through embroidery machines into a more refined piece of work.
Embroidery machines have also eliminated the constraints that naturally come with manual sewing and tapestry. No matter how grand and innovative your design idea is, if you have a good-quality embroidery machine at your disposal then you can materialize it on the fabric.
Several sewing machine manufacturers are now offering specialized embroidery machines as well. In this piece, we are going to discuss and review some of the best Janome embroidery machines. The plenty of variety offered by the Japanese manufacturer caters to the entire field of embroidery.
Whether you are a hobbyist or do embroidery at the professional level, any of the best Janome embroidery machines discussed here will fulfill your requirements.
Why Get a Janome Embroidery Machine?
No rocket science is needed to understand the superiority of Janome in the field of sewing and embroidery machine manufacturing. There are three simple reasons due to which we advocate for the sewing and embroidery machines manufactured by Janome.
- Janome has been around since 1921. Having almost 100-year experience of sewing machine manufacturing is itself a testament to the quality of their products.
- Janome embroidery machines are highly affordable in comparison to many of its competitors.
- Janome embroidery machines yield a high return on investment. This means you can use them for decades without doing any major part replacements or overhauls.
Let’s just delve into the details of some of the best Janome embroidery machines that are on the block. We will keep our discussion objective and thus talk about both the upsides and shortcomings of getting the mentioned products.
Janome Memory Craft 350E Embroidery Machine
If you’re looking for an embroidery machine that can offer tapestry work on apparel as well as home decoration pieces, then you should not look beyond Janome Memory Craft 350E. It is a standalone embroidery machine with no standard sewing features. This exclusivity makes it easy to use and perfect for all those seamstresses who have started mastering the art of embroidery.
Janome Memory Craft 350E comes with 100 built-in stitch designs along with three different fonts for monogramming. The machine comes with a sewing speed of 650 spm, making it ideal for every type of embroidery task. The automatic cutter and threader is also part of the stock option.
- Ease of use is the most endearing feature of Janome Memory Craft 350E. With the help of instructions appearing on the backlit panel, the user can easily get on with an embroidery task without any supervision. Similarly, the addition of on-screen controls has also made it really easy for users to add and edit their own designs.
- Besides its wide assortment of 100 built-in designs, Janome Memory Craft 350E allows users to add their own designs as well and that too in a completely trouble-free manner. You can upload your customized designs on the machines through a USB or an ATC PC card.
- Janome Memory Craft 350E is just an embroidery machine. So, it’s is available at a very reasonable price. The company has developed this model on the mantra that ‘pay only for what you want’.
It looks as if the Janome Memory Craft 350E doesn’t have any shortcomings. However, that’s not the case. There are some small issues with the machine as well.
- Some users think that the low bobbin working of Janome Memory Craft 350E doesn’t produce the best
- The machine only supports design files in a single format.
- The quality of the LED display of the machine is also up for debate.
All things considered, Janome Memory Craft 350E is a good option if you want to invest in an embroidery machine only. The rating of 4/5 at Amazon is the reflection of the fact that it is one of the best Janome embroidery machines.
Janome Memory Craft 6500P
Memory Craft 6500P is the machine Janome developed for advanced-level dressmakers and crafters who have to simultaneously take care of both sewing and embroidery work. Janome Memory Craft 6500P has a design that is perfectly suitable for contemporary craft rooms. The computerized features of Janome Memory Craft 6500P make it ideal for all those people who want to streamline their sewing and tapestry work with automation.
The stock models come with a wide assortment of presser feet. A bonus kit is also included in a stock Janome Memory Craft 6500P.
- Janome Memory Craft 6500P is a durable piece of work. It offers amazing stitching speed (750 spm for non-linear sewing) and that too with no follow-on vibration. As a result, users can work on even protracted designs full of details without facing any inconvenience.
- The wide range of stitch designs ensures that one can use the machine all around. There are 134 stitches in total that include a variety for every type of embroidery. Whether its decoration, darning, heirloom or overcasting, you can find multiple options for every sort of task.
- The 71 needle drop positions allow you to achieve the desired precision i.e. you can stitch embroidery designs exactly where you want them.
- Professional seamstresses and tailors know the importance of pressure regulation of presser foot. In order to get the same embroidery results on fabrics with different density and texture, one needs to adjust the presser foot accordingly. Janome Memory Craft 6500P comes with handy foot presser regulation. So, it gives equally good embroidery and sewing results on every piece of fabric.
- The knee lifters, the 9″ x 5″ throat space, and hand-look quilt stitch are the features that make Janome Memory Craft 6500P an ideal embroidery machine for quilts.
- It’s a little too complex for people who are new to computerized machines to understand the complete working of Janome Memory Craft 6500P. The 72-page user manual is not also of any help.
- Some users might find the machine too heavy for their sewing or embroidery platform. Also, it’s not easy to move a 36.4 lb piece around.
- The working area of Janome Memory Craft 6500P is not well lit. Users can’t comfortably work on Janome Memory Craft 6500P without peripheral lights on.
Barring these minor downsides, Janome Memory Craft 6500P is a robust sewing and embroidery machine. The overwhelming 5-out-of-5 rating on Amazon suggests that it is one of the best Janome embroidery machines.
MOD-50 is another computerized sewing/embroidery offered by the ace Japanese manufacturer. Janome MOD-50 comes with 50 built-in stitches that can be used for different sewing and embroidery tasks. The backlit LCD display with easy navigation and 7-piece feed dog system also streamline embroidery and tapestry works.
- Beginner embroidery artists can get off to a good start with Janome MOD-50 because it is equipped with the feature of automatic stitch length and width control. You just have to select the type of stitch that you want for sewing or embroidery. The computerized apparatus will automatically choose the right length and width for that stitch.
- Janome MOD-50 has an all-metal interior frame, which makes it a durable embroidery apparatus. It ensures skip-free sewing and embroidery and provides overall stability with use. The 25-year guarantee just makes it easier to believe in the durability of Janome MOD-50.
- The 7-piece dog feed system with drop makes for free-motion sewing. This feature comes in really handy when you are working on quilt embroidery. Darning also becomes pretty easy with a 7-piece feed dog system.
- The jam-proof bobbin system ensures that you don’t have to take abrupt breaks in the middle of design making. The clear bobbin cover allows you to keep an eye on the thread supply.
- Janome MOD-50 comes with a removable free-arm feature. This option can help all those seamstresses who find it difficult to do embroidery on small openings. For instance, collar and cuff embroidery become quite easy when you do it on free-arm mode.
- The machine has very few stitch options to carry out embroidery. Moreover, it doesn’t have alphanumeric stitch assortment for monogramming. People looking for a complete sewing/embroidery/monogramming machine might not want to invest in Janome MOD-50.
- Due to lightweight, Janome MOD-50 can flip over when heavy or multiple-layered fabrics are fed into it.
Overall, Janome MOD-50 is an ideal sewing and embroidery machine for all those who are doing tapestry work as a hobby. It is also a good learning platform for all those seamstresses who want to improve their manual embroidery. With a rating of 4.1/5 on Amazon, MOD-50 can be classified as one of the best Janome embroidery machines that also offer sewing.
Janome 7330 Magnolia
Janome 7330 Magnolia is a mid-range machine that can be used for both sewing and embroidery. Its computerized features make it really easy to handle different functions. For instance, the needle up/down movement can be automatically controlled through memorized readings. Built-in needle threader and backlit LCD display with easy navigation are also part of Janome 7330 Magnolia.
- The machine comes with computerized stitch selection. Even novice seamstresses can easily get on with sewing and embroidery with this feature.
- Janome 7330 Magnolia comes with an easy reverse button. Locking an embroidery design becomes really easy when you don’t have to manually make reverse stitches.
- The power of Janome 7330 Magnolia is quite contrasting to its weight. With just over 22 lb, the machine offers tremendous power, making it an idea sewing and embroidery machine for extensive projects entailing dense fabric material.
- Some users think that the machine doesn’t have a well-lit working area.
- The limited number of stitches can also be a concern of those who want hundreds of stitch options in computerized sewing and embroidery machines.
- Janome 7330 Magnolia only works on the 110-V power supply. This means the machine is only confined to the US market.
The Janome 7330 Magnolia is perfect for those who don’t want to get confused in too many stitch options. People looking for lightweight computerized sewing and embroidery machines will also find the Janome 7330 Magnolia a good choice. The Amazon rating of 4.6/5 suggests that it is well-liked among the users.
Janome DC3050 Computerized Sewing/Embroidery Machine
The Janome DC3050 is another lightweight computerized offering by the Japanese manufacturer that can cater to both professional and personal users. The machine comes with 50 built-in stitches and computerized needle mover. The Bobbin system is jam-proof, rotary, and top-loading – ensuring you don’t have to make unnecessary stops.
- The stitch assortment of Janome DC3050 particularly takes care of heavy embroidery work. For that matter, 24 unique heirloom stitches are part of the collection. Moreover, half a dozen stitches for satin embellishment and a bi-directional blanket stitch are also part of the computerized stitch selection panel.
- The exclusive dog feed developed by Janome is also part of DC3050. The Superior Feed System (SFS) ensures supreme stitch quality.
- The machine provides detailed customization to expert seamstresses. Users can adjust the stitch length and width according to the task at hand.
- The machine’s extreme lightweight might make it difficult for some users to use it on heavy quilts.
- The machine is exclusive to the US market since it only works on a 110-V power source.
The Janome DC3050 is a reasonable option for those who want an all-in-one sewing and embroidery machine. The machine enjoys a 4.6/5 rating on Amazon that indicates that users acknowledge the functional benefits of the Janome DC3050.
Our Final Thoughts
All the discussed Janome embroidery machines can be employed in both commercial and non-commercial settings. Moreover, three of them come with both sewing and embroidery features, making them perfect for all-around tapestry work. Choose any of the best Janome embroidery machines by keeping in mind your functional requirements and budget. If you’re looking for the absolute best, go with the Janome Memory Craft 6500P . If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, go with the Janome DC3050 . You’ll be happy with your purchase either way.